BHILADIYAJI TIRTH  
   
bhildiyaji

Bhiladiyaji tirtha is situated at a distance of 40 kms from Bhiladi town in the Deesa Taluka of Banaskantha district. In this tirtha we have an idol of MULANAYAKA Shri Bhiladia Parshvanath Bhagavan; the idol is of black complexion, 53 cms in height and in Padamasana posture. It is believed that this town, Jina temple and the iodl therein are very old. It is believed that the idol of Shri Bhiladia Parshvanath Bhagavan was ceremoniously installed at the auspicious hands of revered Shri Kapila Kevali, According to one anecdote, the idol of Shri MULANAYAKAJI were ceremoniously installed by King Samprati.

 

One story runs thus, Shri Shrenikakumar had married a beautiful, youthful Bhil girl and he established this town after her name. In this town then there were so many temples with high peaks; there were wells and step-wells also. In the Jain Scriptures this time tirtha was known in the ancient days as Bhimapalli. We also get a reference to the effect that in V.S. 1218. Shri Jinachandrasurji had given the initiation into monkhood to Shri Jinapatisurji in this very Jina temple. We also get references which state that in V.S. 1317, Oswal Shreshthi Shri Bhuvanpal Shah got this temple repaired and renovated. The town got demolished because of muslim invasions. Later, in V.S. 1872, Shri Dharamachandra Kamdar inspired the resettlement of this town in the vicinity of the ancient temple. The temple was in a dilapidated state and encircled by a jungle. But in V.S. 1936, the Sharavakas of Bhiladi town got in repaired and renovated. The last renovation took place in V.S. 2027 and on the sacred day of the tenth of the bright half of the month of Jeth, the ceremonious installation took place at the auspicious hands of Acharya Shri Bhadrasurishvaraji. This temple, with its three peaks and two storeys and its very much impressive idol has become a source of solace and faith to so many devotees and pilgrims.