UPARIYALA TIRTH  
   
upariyala

The time of this tirtha is believed to be the 15th century before the Vikrama era. The tirtha is referred to in the "Chaitya Paripati" written by Shri Jayasagaraji Upadhyaya in the 15th century (V.S.) There are references to the construction of Jaina temples at several places in the 16th century. In V.S. 1919, on the 15th day of Vaishakh, a farmer of this village, Ratna Kumbhara had, in a dream, indications of Jaina idols lying buried in the fields. The idols revealed themselves when the work of digging was done.

 

In Utter devotion and respect, he presented the Shravakas with these idols. The Shravakas accepted these with joy and ceremoniously installed them on the Kartiki purnima day in V.S. 1920. Here presides the idol of MULANAYAKA Shri Adishvar Bhagavan; of sandalwood colour, 76 cms in height and in Padmasana posture. Marble statues of Shantinath Bhagavan on the right in white colour, of Parshvanath Bhagavan on the left in yellow colour and of Neminath Bhagavan beneath Shri Mulanayaka in black can be seen. In the assembly pandal we have very beautiful and artistic scenery in marble of Sametashihara and Girnar mountain. There is a fort 42 ft long and 37 ft. wide round the temple. In the midst is the temple with its basic inner apartment, the assembly pandal, three side-doors, with watch-gates, one peak, four domes and the middle watch-gate in Samarana structure. In V.S. 1944, Shri Prabhu was ceremoniously installed in the newly constructed temple on the thirteenth day of the bright half of the month Maha. A constant lamp-flame is shining for the last so many years and a fair is held on the eighth day of the bright half of Falguna every year.